Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Water Tips | Fire Tips | Biohazard Tips | Mold Tips
Here at SERVPRO of Lodi we have the certifications and training to assist and educate our customers before help arrives. A water loss can be overwhelming and stressful to the general public. We understand this and will walk you through the steps to secure your residential or commercial property. Our franchise has concluded various levels of water losses and have the experience to help you from your first phone call to our office. Securing you and your property are safe first order of business, followed by checking for hazards to prevent possible injury to your person. SERVPRO of Lodi, we put our customers first.
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (209) 368-6119
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.